This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Live! Messenger connection problems.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Teho
Registered Member
OS
There seems to be two supported ways to use Live! Messenger in Telepathy. The old protocol and the new XMPP based. I have had problems with the Haze plugin everytime I have tried KDE Telepathy and if my memory servers me right the first time was with with 0.2. It shows error message every once in awhile about connection timeout and possibility of lost messages. The messages are usually(?) sent but a lot later making the chat really akward. Then the probelm with XMPP is that it doesn't even connect now. It only says that "check your connection". It used to work "fine" but I guess it broke down with the 0.4 stable release altough it might not have happened the same time. Even when it works it doesn't remember the authentication and I have to type the password on each reboot again. Not only that but if often doesn't login the first time but I have to type the password twice and agree two the all other premission windows... again. The KDE Telepathy application is allowed in the Live! Passport profile.
mck182
KDE Developer
OS
Have you tried readding the account? We made some changes in the auth system.

KDE Telepathy | Plasma | Plasma Mobile
Teho
Registered Member
OS
No help there. The error message with Haze is:
Viestin välitys epäonnistui: Message could not be sent because an error with the switchboard occurred:

and with XMPP it shows "Network Error" in the accounts page.

EDIT: It's probably worth nothing that I'm using KDE SC 4.9 beta 2. So the XMPP bug could as well be due to Solid I guess? I forgot that totally...

EDIT: I didn't try the XMPP backend right before updating to KDE SC 4.9 RC1 but at least now it works so I guess it might have been a problem in solid or something.
denyk
Registered Member
OS
How to make live messenger with ubuntu? What application do I need ;D

Last edited by mck182 on Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No advertising
mck182
KDE Developer
OS
Empathy.

KDE Telepathy | Plasma | Plasma Mobile