This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Quick chat plasmoid stopped working

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
marcondes
Registered Member

Quick chat plasmoid stopped working

Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:48 am
I've just updated to Telepathy 0.4, added a quick-chat plasmoid to a panel, and it worked properly, displaying message notifications and receiving/sending messages.

But then I clicked on the baloon icon to see what it is for, and the conversation was moved to a normal window. The problem is that I can't get the plasmoid to work again now. Since then when I get messages I receive the same old notifications and I'm able to chat only via window. I tried reinstalling the component after purge, but quick chat plasmoid seems to be dead.

How can I fix it?

Another question is: Is it possible to launch quick chat plasmoid for a conversation by clicking in the contact name on the contact list plasmoid? For me it seems that the quick chat is usable only when somebody contacts you first.

Thanks
mck182
KDE Developer
OS
Hi, sorry for the late reply, been busy.

But then I clicked on the baloon icon to see what it is for, and the conversation was moved to a normal window. The problem is that I can't get the plasmoid to work again now.
If you close the big chat window, the plasmoid should start picking up your chats again, simple as that :)

Is it possible to launch quick chat plasmoid for a conversation by clicking in the contact name on the contact list plasmoid?
Afaik that should work by default if the plasmoid is active - instead of the chat window it opens the plasmoid.

However keep in mind, it's a tech-preview, there are lots of bugs and looooots of other things to be done. There will be quite some improvements in the upcoming 0.5 release, so stay tuned ;)

KDE Telepathy | Plasma | Plasma Mobile
Alex Tsi
Registered Member
Is it possible to launch quick chat plasmoid for a conversation by clicking in the contact name on the contact list plasmoid?

Afaik that should work by default if the plasmoid is active - instead of the chat window it opens the plasmoid.

I was wondering the same thing! This doesn't seem to work. I filed a "bug" (wishlist). http://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=305508