This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Appearance of conferences' chat

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
rogvold
Registered Member

Appearance of conferences' chat

Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:19 am
Hi.
Now chat in conferences looks like one to one chat, just with many of interlocutors. But this is not comfortable, because conferences has themes (which now can't be read), statuses of people, nicks must be more notable (this is rather Renkoo's hole), etc. I want to ask: is this bugs or features? Do you really think that conferences' chat windows and usual chat windows must look the same?

(Sorry for my poor English.)
mck182
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Appearance of conferences' chat

Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:35 am
Bug. What KDE Telepathy version are you using?

KDE Telepathy | Plasma | Plasma Mobile
rogvold
Registered Member

Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:08 pm
Em, this was the figure of speech, means "Will it change, will you add features, enumerated by me?"

But... if it's important, 0.4.
mck182
KDE Developer
OS

Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:14 pm
We actually have two different themes, one for 1-1 chat and one for group chats, exactly because of the reasons you posted :) Also we are always open to hearing suggestions and requests for new features. We might not agree with all of them, but we definitely do listen.

As for your bug, I know there was an unfortunate mistake done by one of our developers, where the group theme would stop working. I don't remember which version/time this was, but I'm fairly confident that it has been fixed. If possible, please do update to 0.5 version, where this should be working correctly.

KDE Telepathy | Plasma | Plasma Mobile