This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

honpurble: Failed to create account

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Thaodan
Registered Member
OS

honpurble: Failed to create account

Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:28 am
After I installed honpurple (a libpurple plugin for the Heroes of Newerth chat server), i wanted to setup a account for this.
But the kcm applets complains about 'Failed to create account: Possibly not all required fields are valid'. I tested the plugin in pidgin and it works fine.
So I started it in the shell to get more output and now I get this:

Code: Select all
ktp-contactlist(25485) RakiaAccountUiPlugin::accountUi: connectionManager:  "haze" , protocol:  "hon" , servicename:  "haze-hon"
ktp-contactlist(25485) AddAccountAssistant::onAccountCreated: Adding Account failed: "org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Error.NotImplemented" "Protocol 'hon' not found on CM 'haze'"

So my question now is: what means this and it is kde-telepathys fault or not? And if not which fault is it?
drdanz
KDE Developer
OS
Thaodan wrote:After I installed honpurple (a libpurple plugin for the Heroes of Newerth chat server), i wanted to setup a account for this.
But the kcm applets complains about 'Failed to create account: Possibly not all required fields are valid'. I tested the plugin in pidgin and it works fine.

Did you restart DBus, telepathy-mission-control and telepathy-haze after installing it?
You won't have a nice configuration window in the account configurator because we don't have a plugin for that,, but it should be listed in the "other accounts" and you should get an autogenerated configuration window...