This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

unable to login with any account

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
frasty
Registered Member
OS

unable to login with any account

Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:00 am
Hi,
I'm using ktp 0.5.2 from this ppa on kubuntu 12.10

I have long been having problems (authentication failures) connecting with any type of account.
Tried everything: facebook, sip, gmail, xmpp to no avail and still searching for a solution.
Kwallet is up and running because "Telepathy Authentication Handler" has a policy of "Always allow" and any other application making use of kwallet works fairly well.
Lately only bonjour works to some extent giving some errors from time to time.
So my questions are: Are ktp daily builds reliable for daily use? How may I activate debug for these types of issues? With earlier versions of ktp (0.4 and earlier) I was able to connect with any type of account.

Fedora 32
Plasma 5.19.2
david_edmundson
KDE Developer
OS
> Are ktp daily builds reliable for daily use?

It seems you may be in the best position to answer that :)
As a dev, we don't tend to use packages for our own software.
We use the latest code, so whilst it does break from time to time, it is almost always usable.

Anyway - to debug:

1) make sure you have kde-telepathy-auth-handler installed
2) run /usr/lib/kde4/libexec/ktp-auth-handler --debug --persist see if it contains any useful output
3) run ktp-debugger from the command line and look for any errors, or mentions to authentication
frasty
Registered Member
OS
david_edmundson wrote:> Are ktp daily builds reliable for daily use?

It seems you may be in the best position to answer that :)
As a dev, we don't tend to use packages for our own software.
We use the latest code, so whilst it does break from time to time, it is almost always usable.

Anyway - to debug:

1) make sure you have kde-telepathy-auth-handler installed
2) run /usr/lib/kde4/libexec/ktp-auth-handler --debug --persist see if it contains any useful output
3) run ktp-debugger from the command line and look for any errors, or mentions to authentication

Finally I managed to solve this situation! After deleting ~/.mission-control directory and creating fresh new accounts I have been able to succesfully connect to them.
So far no need to debug anything. I'll use your advice next time I'll run into some problem. :)

Fedora 32
Plasma 5.19.2