This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

One-way video on calls telepathy 0.6.0

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
zeke
Registered Member
I have a problem with one-way video on video calls between two machines running telepathy 0.6.0:
Both machines are running mint 13 (ubuntu 12.04LTS) w/ kde 4.10.3. I am making video calls between jabber accounts. Machine "A" can see the video from machine "B", but B cannot see any video from A. On A I can see my local video during the call, audio is ok, and I was able to get video working both ways w/ skype before I uninstalled it, so think the webcam (logitech C310) is working ok. Any suggestions would be welcome.
thanks
david_edmundson
KDE Developer
OS
Test the webcam with Kamoso on Machine A.
Kamoso and us both use the same library (bit of code) to use the webcam.
zeke
Registered Member
Kamoso works on machine A. I see the live video and can record a video that saves to an mkv file I can play back w/ VLC.

Actually, in retesting, I noticed that on B the video does not update on the video call, either locally or remotely - I get a static image. I don't think this was happening before, but I couldn't swear to it. This machine is using a logitech QuickCam Pro 9000. This camera also works w/ Kamoso.

OK, now I'm getting confused. The problem is not consistent. It seems to work somewhat better if there is more light in the room where A and B are located. The video problems go both ways. Sometimes there is no remote video at all, sometimes local and/or remote video freezes at the beginning of the call.