This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Nothing really works with KDE telepathy

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
workoft
Registered Member
Hi,

I didn't know what to write in the title, because there are so many problems. I'll just list them here:

1. I can add an XMPP account. The account then shows up in the list, but other KTP components keep telling me I have no accounts and I should create one. The account doesn't log in, so I can't use it. I also can't configure it, I have to delete it and set it up again if I want to change anything. I have telepathy-gabble installed

2. SIP doesn't show up in the list of protocols, so I can't set up an account. I have telepathy-rakia and ktp-call-ui installed

3. If I try to add a Skype account, I get the error message that "haze" is missing or cannot handle "skypeweb". I have telepathy-haze and pidgin-skype installed.

4. Trying to add a twitter account just shows a loading bar forever.

5. Nextcloud has the same problem as XMPP.

I actually just want to get SIP running. I've tried linphone and twinkle and both mess up my audio device configuration. I thought KDE Telepathy might do better on that part.

I remember my problems with KDE telepathy being similar a few years back. Is anyone still working on it? Most of my searches have turned up results from 2016 or earlier. This forum also doesn't look very active.

I'm on Debian Sid with KDE Telepathy 17.08.3.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Malte
petro
Registered Member
With Kde Neon the same, I believe the telepathy is kind of unmaintained piece of software. You could always try report bug https://bugs.kde.org.
ohyran
Registered Member
Currently there is no overarching KDE chat application, which is a bummer. Imagine a IRC, Xmpp, Matrix (and any open and available backend there is, ignoring the closed ones) application... o.O
daft-dutch
Registered Member
I dont think there has been any big change.

nothing i try seems to work