This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Next big feature

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ingwa
OS

Next big feature

Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:33 am
Calligra Author 2.7 has been released and we are almost done with the feature list that we decided on last time. So I published a blog with a request for new features[1]. I have also a lot still to implement from the feature request thread here on the forum.

One of the comments I got was a request for speech input. This is a fairly big feature that will take some time developing. I also want to do the Outliner with scene/object/character database. However we can only develop one of these big features at a time.

So the question now is: which do you want? Outliner or Speech input? Answer in this thread and we will start on the mot popular one.

Of course we also want suggestions for smaller features, and you can add those requests too as comments here.

[1] http://ingwa2.blogspot.se/2013/08/calli ... -step.html
dkaswell
Registered Member

Re: Next big feature

Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:02 pm
The outliner is absolutely essential for a novelist. I'd much rather have that than voice input, if I have to choose.
charleskenyon
Registered Member

Re: Next big feature

Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:58 pm
An outliner with handles at each node so the branch and sub branch(es) can be moved through the tree.
Where branches are typically collapsable so the structure of the document can be seen. Like Omni Outliner.
I would like flexable key bindings and navigation possible just with a keyboard.
Export into calligra words.
Import of calligra words documents.