This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Invisible XMI file? - Ubuntu

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
pmason
Registered Member

Invisible XMI file? - Ubuntu

Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:10 pm
Hi,

I've been trying to use Umbrello on my Ubuntu based VM (using Oracle VirtualBox on a win 10 laptop) this morning and hit a snag at the first hurdle.

I did some work...quite a lot actually...should have known better. Saved it...or thought I did, to /documents/myfolder/myfilename. I can't recall why but I closed Umbrello and when I tried to open the file I'd created nothing was appearing in the file open application the software uses. I checked the location above and the file created is an XML file, not an XMI.

Then after a bit of bouncing off the walls, I notice the Open recent option and in there is my file...but it's located at /run/user/1000/doc/28ed3a31/myfilename. OK, so it's not vanished but it's not where I thought I had put it...or where it should be.

But then, I open that location in the file utility and it's an XML file, not and XMI file.

A bit of extra information since yesterday. I have used the command line find tool to see if I can find any .xmi files. The system returns one file in ./home/pmason/snap/umbrello/46 called autosave.xmi. So, where is the XMI file that the "open recent" function is opening?

If I can't answer this today I'll just go use something else.

Kind regards, Paul
pmason
Registered Member

Re: Invisible XMI file? - Ubuntu

Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:27 pm
OK, well, having just discovered I can use Visual Paradigm online, I'm going to use that tool instead o)