This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

User interface

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
saulys
Registered Member
OS

User interface

Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:03 am
I was trying to move the 3 main views(media selection, content & playlist) around a bit when I pressed the yellow dot next to the x. I now cannot get them back on the same screen at the same time can anyone help me with this, have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that did not help.
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: User interface

Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:53 am
Try looking in the View menu if you removed one of them accidentally, that allows to get it back.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
valoriez
KDE CWG
OS

Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:07 am
In the View menu (at the top of Amarok), uncheck the Lock Layout, then check all three panes (Media Sources, Playlist, Context). Once you have the panes arranged as you like them, tick the Lock Layout once again.

Remember to Control-Q quit, or quit from the main menu, if you want to save your playing state on logout.

saulys
Registered Member
OS

Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:02 pm
I have tried to do both but i cannot move them around for some reason, they are all just full screen one on top of each other. it has now got to the point where it is really hard to use it I have screen shots but im not sure how to post them to this forum.
saulys
Registered Member
OS

Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:03 pm
Clicking the hollow symbol on the left of the cross causes that panel to be undocked, so it will appear as a separate window on your desktop. Repeating this action on the undocked pane will dock it again inside your Amarok window. You can drag the panes inside your Amarok window to reorder them. You may stack the panes, or even put one or two of them covering the others, selectable by tabs.

This is my problem, only option is not there to redock it or change the size of the windows etc.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:10 pm
Screenshots need to be posted to an external image hoster such as Picasa/Imageshack, then a link posted here.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
saulys
Registered Member
OS

Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:37 pm

Here is what I meant buy the option to redock not being there.
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:06 pm
Are you sure the panels are not already locked? Please check the view menu for that.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
saulys
Registered Member
OS

Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:37 pm
Im positive and I cannot access any menus now as i cannot get to that bit. the playlist view is undocked above everything else and I cannot access the other views now because of that.
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:45 pm
Could you please remove the amarok* files in $HOME/.kde/share/config/? Since you didn't specify which distribution you use nor your Amarok and KDE version let's start with this try. In some distributions the files are located in $HOME/.kde4/share/config/

saulys
Registered Member
OS

Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:11 pm
Sorry, I am using windows, Amarok version 2.5
saulys
Registered Member
OS

Re: User interface  Topic is solved

Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:16 am
Fixed, it was the 'style' I changed from oxygen to another one and could move the windows and redock etc so all sorted now!
TheOneRing
Registered Member
OS

Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:02 pm
Hi you can find the config files when you enter %APPDATA%\.kde\share\config into the explorer navigation bar.