This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Please use bugs.kde.org for bug reports or feature requests. Development related questions should be directed to the okular-devel mailing list.

Print to a compressed pdf file

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Francesco312
Registered Member
OS

Print to a compressed pdf file

Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:35 am
Hi
When I print images from KDE applications to PDF files, I usually get a very large pdf file. For instance, by printing 4, 276-kb images together with kipi-plugins, I obtained a 4MB file, which then I had to compress with gs. I was wondering wether there is a way to select the quality of the PDF you are creating from the print window, without having to resize it later with another program.
I found https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=252306, so there should be a way to set it, but I haven't understood how; besides, is it possible to customize it from the print dialog?
TIA for any help

PS: I hope this is the right forum
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: Print to a compressed pdf file

Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:21 am
In Gwenview / Digikam, I suspect you will find a separate option under the "Plugins" menu to Export as a Calendar, or something along these lines. It is only this specific module which has had the compression options added - normal KDE applications, along with the Print to PDF option, are not affected by that commit.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]