This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Please use bugs.kde.org for bug reports or feature requests. Development related questions should be directed to the okular-devel mailing list.

Okular 0.16.2 and KDE 4.10.2 upgrade for Raspbian

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
keithr
Registered Member
I'm a newbe here so please bear with me.

I have a Raspberry PI with Raspbian installed. I Also have Okluar 0.14.3 with KDE 4.8.4. Everything is working great. We use these on the production floor to read PDF drawings. I have read that Okular 0.16.2 has a feature to save the file with the notes. The current version does not do that.

The question I have is the Raspbian repository only has version 0.14.3 of Okular and 4.8.4 of KDE. How and where do I go to get the update?

Thanks!!
google01103
Manager
the question is really a Raspbian question as they create and provide the repos, but I'm gonna guess it's based on Debian Wheezy and that's what Wheezy ships. Debian tends to be conservative in what they ship (for example per their wiki Debian Unstable ships KDE 4.11.3 and current is 4.13.1).

a better question for this forum would be "can I compile a more current version of Okular on Raspbian", remembering you'll possibly also need a newer version of Poppler (the PDF libararies Okular uses).

other options would be to compile KDE from source or find a different distro with a more up to date KDE

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

keithr
Registered Member
Told ya I was a newbe.... Lol

Thanks!! Great information! I will post in the Raspbian forum and this forum with the question you suggested that I should ask.