This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Please use bugs.kde.org for bug reports or feature requests. Development related questions should be directed to the okular-devel mailing list.

short-cut to close popup note box

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kchan
Registered Member

short-cut to close popup note box

Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:01 am
I am using okular to review papers where I write my comments using pop-up notes and the highlighter in okular.

Because the action of creating a popup-notes is repeated many times over the course of the review, I would like to know whether there is a short-cut to close the popup note box using the keyboard so I don't have to take my hand off the keyboard over to the mouse, position the pointer over the small x (which takes some time and concentration to do) in the top right corner of the popup note and close it.

I tried pressing alt-f4, but it closed okular.

I also tried configuring short-cuts, but I couldn't see any shortcut for closing the popup note.

Thanks!
ilylabs
Registered Member
Checking in on this issue. I have the exact same issue and using the mouse to aim for the corner of the pop-up note is not convenient at all, specifically when it's an operation I do hundreds of times during the review of a document.

Is it possible to have a keyboard short-cut to close pop-up notes on Okular?

Thanks