This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Please use bugs.kde.org for bug reports or feature requests. Development related questions should be directed to the okular-devel mailing list.

Okular stuck in Full screen mode (+ Overview mode).

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jpbkde
Registered Member
Hello.

A few days ago, I put Okular in "Full screen mode" (probably by "Ctrl+Shift+F"), and also in "Overview" mode with 3 pages per screen.

And now I can't access the general menu nor come back to the basic view (Esc and "Ctrl+Shift+F" don't allow the exit from this view mode).
I can activate the "Presentation view" (Ctrl+Shift+P). I can activate the Annotation bar by F6, and perhaps activate some other things, but not reverse the view to basic view nor get access to the general menu.

Okular opens in this mode whether I launch it directly or run a pdf document (I have configured Okular as the default pdf viewer).

My configuration is:
¤ Windows 10 Pro 64 bits 21H2.
¤ Processor: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz
¤ RAM: 32.0 GB (31.7 GB usable).
¤ Okular version: 22.801.1132.0 (According to Windows settings application).
(downloaded from Windows Store on 17th November 2022 at this place: https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail ... r-fr&gl=fr)

NB: Installation by this way leads to a mess with files dispatched in multiple directories, without any executable truly identifiable (visible okular.exe files are 0 KO):
C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps
C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps\KDEe.V.Okular_7vt06qxq7ptv8
C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Packages\KDEe.V.Okular_7vt06qxq7ptv8
C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Search_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\AppIconCache\250

What can I do ?
How can I restore the access to the menu ?
Cap

Last edited by jpbkde on Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
jpbkde
Registered Member
I found a way out: there is an option in Windows that allows you to reset Okular. Option that saved me from reinstalling the software.
(But all my settings are gone, as stated).
The "Repair" function did not produce anything.

Okular having been restored, I saw that you could, in a normally operating Okular, make the Menubar appear (and disappear) by Ctrl+M.
Maybe it would have worked, but this shortcut (which I looked for) is not indicated in The Okular Handbook (Albert Astals Cid, Pino Toscano's version), and so I could not find it.

Finally, Okular may have been working normally in the situation that I described above, but withhad no way out for someone ignoring the shortcut, and indicating this shortcut (Ctrl+M) in the handbook may be the onlya useful correction to make.
jpbkde
Registered Member
After having tested Okular more extensively since my two previous posts, I conclude that the situation described in my 1st post was definitely abnormal.
Indeed, "Esc" and "Ctrl+Shift+F" should have both taken Okular out of "Full screen" mode.