This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Please use bugs.kde.org for bug reports or feature requests. Development related questions should be directed to the okular-devel mailing list.

Bad performance on documents with lots of text forms [Win10]

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Drakinite
Registered Member
Hi,
I really like Okular, but there's a critical issue that prevents me from using Okular for everything. There's a tabletop role playing game that I play every few weeks with friends and the character sheet has a ton of text input forms. The PDF displays fine when the forms are disabled, but once I hit 'Show Forms', it gets REALLY slow. Scrolling is ridiculously slow, sometimes taking multiple seconds after I scroll the mouse wheel before the document moves up/down. I tried changing the memory between Normal, Aggressive, and Greedy without any change; I also tried changing the configured editor without any change. Is there a way to fix this, or is this probably a bug that should be reported on bugs.kde.org?

Character sheet that runs slowly on Okular: https://1drv.ms/b/s!AqHzUrf30uprsup74k0ZO3SECT7chA

** I tested on my laptop which is running Kubuntu 22.10, and the performance seems fine. Issue is only on Windows. **