This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Please use bugs.kde.org for bug reports or feature requests. Development related questions should be directed to the okular-devel mailing list.

Error "you need to call Settings::instance before using"

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
martin-de
Registered Member
I tried to extend okular to save PDF-Print-Options (wish #463732). All works well so far, I added a new item in the configuration dialog and the new variable "PageScaleMode" is written to and read from "okularpartrc", but I am not able to assign the value of "Okular::Settings::pageScaleMode" to "m_scaleMode->setCurrentIndex" in module "generator_pdf.cpp".

Compilation is successful, but it crashes on runtime after opening the print dialog. Message on terminal is "you need to call Settings::instance before using".

I am not too familiar with C++ coding and it is my first try to extend an application. I inspected already the other modules of the project where the developers used "Okular::Settings::" in a similar & working way, but I could not find out so far, where the instance has been set for a proper usage.

Can anyone tell me what I missed, or guide me to a code example of the okular project where I can see how to get right access to "Okular::Settings::"? Thank you in advance for your support.