This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Please use bugs.kde.org for bug reports or feature requests. Development related questions should be directed to the okular-devel mailing list.

Okular, hide lateral panel? [Solved]

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Mnop
Registered Member
Is it possible to hide the lateral panel in Okular? The bookmarks, contents, thumbnails, etc... are useful, but for people with small screens they take too much width.

I tried to hide it using the menu "right click with the mouse" but there isn't nothing there. In settings I couldn't find anything neither.

I think KDE4 in general is not very small-screen-friendly, although there are some screenshots with small devices that seem cool.

Last edited by Mnop on Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

RE: Okular, hide lateral panel?

Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:33 am
You cannot hide the buttons themselves, but if you click on the already selected button then the currently active widget ( ie. Bookmarks ) is hidden.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
pinotree
KDE Developer
OS

RE: Okular, hide lateral panel?

Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:11 am
Mnop wrote:Is it possible to hide the lateral panel in Okular? The bookmarks, contents, thumbnails, etc... are useful, but for people with small screens they take too much width.

Like in KPDF, you can use Settings -> Show navigation panel to show the contents of the side bar.
While you cannot really hide the side icons, but just change their size and toggle their text.

Pino Toscano
pseco
Registered Member

Re: RE: Okular, hide lateral panel?

Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:10 am
pinotree wrote:
Mnop wrote:Is it possible to hide the lateral panel in Okular? The bookmarks, contents, thumbnails, etc... are useful, but for people with small screens they take too much width.

Like in KPDF, you can use Settings -> Show navigation panel to show the contents of the side bar.
While you cannot really hide the side icons, but just change their size and toggle their text.

You can use F7 keyboard shortcut to toggle view/hide Navigation Panel. Closing and reopening Okular remembers last setting so it's great.