This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Please use bugs.kde.org for bug reports or feature requests. Development related questions should be directed to the okular-devel mailing list.

Romanian characters can't be printed in forms

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
speedyx
Registered Member
OS
Using an existing pdf I created forms on it with Adobe Acrobat in windows.
Using Okular to fill the form, I can type romanian characters ț î ș â ă.
But on printing that characters are omitted.
I verified with Adobe Acrobat on windows and on linux and the problem exist too.
Is it a problem in the way I created the forms? Is it a pdf limitation?
Have you any suggestion for a free(dom) application (maybe KDE) that create forms on a PDF?

john_hudson
Registered Member
OS
The annotation facility in Okular does not change the PDF; it simply adds text which you can only see when you open the PDF in Okular. When you send it to print, only the PDF is printed.

John Hudson, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
speedyx
Registered Member
OS
I never used the annotation facility, but the filling forms facility. :'(

b00rt00s
Registered Member
john_hudson wrote:The annotation facility in Okular does not change the PDF; it simply adds text which you can only see when you open the PDF in Okular. When you send it to print, only the PDF is printed.

The problem is not about annotations, but forms! What you write in a form is printed. The problem is, that special language characters are not visible (I'm talking about polish charakters: ą, ę, ć, ź, ż, ł, ó, ś). I've crated pdf with forms in scribus. I tried using the same file with Adobe Reader on windows and polish chracters could be printed.

b00rt00s, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Nov.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
You might want to report a bug against Poppler, as it is responsible for rendering the PDF which Okular just displays.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]