This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Shuffled slideshow in Digikam

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Rasputin
Registered Member
OS

Shuffled slideshow in Digikam

Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:23 pm
Hi all,

I tagged a lot of fotos in my collection in digikam with a "presentation" tag, and I want to show a slideshow on images with this tag. No problem so far, but I want the images to be shown in random order.

As far as I can see, the standard slideshow does not support shuffling, whereas the advanced slideshow rotates the images in a silly way, such that they appear horizontally or even upside down on the screen.

When using the advanced slideshow in Gwenview, it does not rotate the images, but gwenview again is not able to work on digikams tags.

Any hints?

Best, rara
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: Shuffled slideshow in Digikam

Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:59 pm
Have you checked the EXIF metadata of the images which appear weirdly? Digikam could be honouring this in one place but not another,

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
Rasputin
Registered Member
OS

Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:22 am
Yes, it's not the metadata which causes the rotation, but the slideshow rotates the images by a random angle, it seems anything between 0° and 360° is possible, not just 0°, 90°,180°, 270°. Looks like a messed-up "feature".

But you are right, EXIF rotation also doesn't work properly, but I can live with that.
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Shuffled slideshow in Digikam  Topic is solved

Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:20 am
Which Digikam version do you use? The last version I know of is 2.5.0. If you are on Kubuntu 11.10 you have 2.1.1 in the universe repository, you need to either wait for 12.04 which ships 2.5.0 or add this PPA to get the newest version: https://launchpad.net/~philip5/+archive/extra

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Rasputin
Registered Member
OS

Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:04 pm
Thank you, Mamarok, with the new version the advanced slideshow is working.