This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

German translation for digikam running on Windows

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
eugen80
Registered Member
OS
Hello,

successfully installed digikam 3.4 on Windows7 from here http://download.kde.org/stable/digikam/
But I cannot switch translation to another language from english. Why? Missing any translation files? Trying to switch language here: Help-> Switch the language..
After restart digikam is still in english.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
It is quite likely that those Windows installers are missing parts of the translations, yes - can you please check for a share/locale folder in the directory where Digikam is installed?

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
eugen80
Registered Member
OS
it seems that all files are there. I can see a lot of different translation files.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
What were the names of the folders in share/locale? Was one called "de"?

KDE Sysadmin
eugen80
Registered Member
OS
As you can see on the screenshot, the names of the folders are "ar", "be", "bg" ... "de" and so on: http://picpaste.com/pics/scr-B8B6oaPQ.1395136952.png
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
In the 'de' folder is there a number of *.po files?

KDE Sysadmin
eugen80
Registered Member
OS
There are many *.mo files in share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES
No other files.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Hmm, it should be working then. I'm presuming after changing the preferred language it asks you to restart Digikam?
Also, which language is set for the system as a whole?

KDE Sysadmin
eugen80
Registered Member
OS
System language is german. Only the list of languages is translated, but not the digikam interface. Digikam restarted many times. Also selected second fallback language, but the interface is always in english.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Okay, i'm afraid i've no idea why it isn't displaying itself in the correct language unfortunately.

You may want to try sending an email to the kde-windows@kde.org list - where the KDE on Windows folks co-ordinate matters, to see if any of them have any further ideas.
I suspect some environment variable isn't set, preventing Digikam from finding the translations (although if that were the case i'd suspect it to be significantly limited functionality wise).

KDE Sysadmin