This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

One Database to rule them all

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jasperaorangi
Registered Member

One Database to rule them all

Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:25 pm
Good day all.
I have Mysql running on my headless server (Server*), and I want to be able to connect to this one digikam database for multiple client machines.
Currently I run Digikam over ssh on the Server, with all image files in /media/nuliayuk/Images which is a bind mount from /home/<blah>/Images (where <blah> is the drive mounted on home. Btrfs raid if it matters)
NFS4 is shared from /nfs4exports/Images (Again, a bind mount from /home/<blah>/Images

The client machine, say this laptop (LaptopA*) has files mounted in the same place locally, say /media/nuliayuk/Images via NFS4. But when I connect to the database on the Server the client scans the files like it has never seen them before.

I have tried to remove the uuid from the DB, but that felt dodgy...

What is the *correct* way to do this such that even another laptop (LaptopB*) can do the same, or even a machine running OSX, all the same mount points, all on the same network all using the same MySQL database?

Server and clients, Ubuntu 14.10. Digikam a mixture of official deb's and current git.

Cheers
Jasper