This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

(SOLVED) Digikam image editor shows blank window

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
sevendogsbsd
Registered Member
OS
Fairly new KDE convert, 20 years on Linux so not inexperienced. Started using Digikam to manage and edit photos but on my install (Arch Linux), when I start Digikam, I can edit a photo using the photo editor just fine. When I change to another photo and click "Image Editor" either on the toolbar at the top, left of the screen, or on the "Tools" tab on the right, the image editor window comes up blank. I cannot edit any more photos in that Digikam session, unless I close and re-open Digikam, then I can edit a single photo.

Digikam databases and photos are on a local directory sync'd with Dropbox. Have not tried a local directory NOT sync'd with Dropbox because for all intents and purposes, the Dropbox local directory is just that :local to the machine.

I know this isn't by design...I have deleted all Digikam configurations and databases and started fresh but the same behavior remains. Appreciate any suggestions!

EDIT --> on consideration, I am leaving this open. I really like Digikam so am hoping enough folks have this same issue it is addressed by someone. I re-installed the software today and got the editor to actually work for 2 or 3 photos, then it started showing blank again. I did also notice that at the time the window comes up blank, the toolbar disappears as well. I'll keep playing with it - maybe I can generate some logs and submit a bug report.

EDIT2 --> Switched to openSuse Leap 15 from Arch and lo-and-behold digikam editing works. I did not compare digikam versions or if digikam itself is even at fault. I used the same configurations as whatever the digikam version is in Arch. Closing the thread as solved.
marcb
Registered Member
I have the exact same problem. Fedora 28 Gnome

I hope somebody can help me, because I habe used Digikam for years. Thank you in advanced.
rstephan
Registered Member
OS
in Debian Buster (testing) the same game since a few days.
And no idea and no failure in the logs.
stefane
Registered Member
unfortunatelly i do experience the same behaviour (still).
hence, is it possible to re-open the topic?