This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Digikam database doesn't match number of files in collection

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
rjma
Registered Member
OS
Hi
I have been using Digikam for a few years. Recently I had to reorganise onto a new computer. All went fine and everything works OK. However when I was doing some checks to make sure everything was correct I found that I have more photos in my collection folder than Digikam shows.

In my folder I have 35,577 photos. In Digikam I have 35,542 Photos i.e. 35 missing. I am only looking at the top Album and when looking in File Explorer I have subtracted the 7 sub folders from the number of items so it's nothing to do with that. I decided to try and figure out which were missing so sorted in File Explorer by extension and then used Advanced Search in Digikam to find the photos of a specific extension. Of course the 35 are all .jpg which is the biggest group with 35,123 files and 35,088 photos in Digikam.

I can't figure out a way to export a list of filenames from Digikam to do a comparison to find the missing filenames, is there a way?

I have run the Tools > Maintenance and then run the "Scan for new Items" with no change. Also ran the "Perform Database Cleaning" (without the 3 checkboxes ticked) again no change.

I thought you could drag and drop files into the collection folder and Digikam would pick them up but that obviously isn't happening, but I'm not sure that is correct. I have always used the Import > Add Images.

Running out of ideas short of going through 35k+ names line by line to find them.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I am running on Windows 10 with Digikam 6.4.0 using SQL Lite

Thanks