This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Method of moving / deleting duplicate pictures

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
strandgriller
Registered Member
Hello!
In former time I used Visipics http://www.visipics.info for this job. Unfortunately, this small program seems to have problems when you have to work with large RAW images. In digikam I miss a strategy for automatically marking duplicate images based on criteria. It would be great if such a hierarchical procedure could be mapped:

1) lower resolution
2) Images with lossy compression
3) Order of the directories

Is there an idea or script in digikam for this?

BR Holger
endolith
Registered Member
I would like this, too. In the meantime, AllDup can do it too
tenly
Registered Member
Did you ever find a way to do this? I am new to digikam and have just finished importing 1.7 TB and 800,000 photos of which probably 90% can be deleted.

- I would like to find all duplicates of a file and then automatically select the highest resolution file as the one to keep - and then mark all the rest for deletion.

- I would like to find all screenshots and move them to a separate folder

- I would like to automatically delete any photos that are below a certain resolution.

Are any/all of these things possible with Digikam? Where is the best place to go for tutorials or instructions on organizing a photo library? Everything I’ve found so far seems to be a very high level, cursory view that wouldn’t be feasible for anything more than a couple thousand photos.