This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

digikam gui shows the top album twice

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
donsam
Registered Member
At one point, I started to loose thumbnails. So I went to the maintenance section and asked digikam to recreate. After it was done, I seem to have the album's created twice, sometimes with the subdirectories all showing in one of the instances and sometimes not. My system is using Mariadb10 on a Synology NAS, so that both my wife and I can work on our own computers. I do not know how to get rid of the second instance of the albums despite trying rebuilds in the maintenance section, or moving from the Mac or WSL2.0 back to Windows 10. The move back to Windows 10 did rebuild the thumbnails but did not get rid of the 2nd instance.

I probably should also ask a question in this forum on Locale. If I enter digikam on the mac or wsl, and the last time in was on windows, it rebuilds the database because it thinks the locale is different (it is not) and vice versa. However since I am close to 30k images in the album now, the rebuilds do take a great deal of time, with WSL being the slowest followed by mac followed by windows (if going back to windows from mac or linux)