This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Merge identical images across different folders?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
sazkion
Registered Member
Hi all,

I have a large amount of pictures that I have somewhat organized into different folders (e.g. sunsets, forest, ocean) and have all of the folders saved in a main "Picture" folder. I have some images saved in several folders since I have some that have an ocean and a sunset.

For example
H:\New folder\Pictures\Sunset\exampleimage1.jpg
H:\New folder\Pictures\Ocean\exampleimage1.jpg

I have assigned tags based on the folders using digiKam but what I noticed is that it'll treat each image separately even if they share the same filename since they are two separate files. So if I try to find an image with both sunset and ocean tags it won't show any since each image only has the one tag.

The images are identical but the image in the sunset folder has the sunset tag and the one in the ocean has the ocean tag.

Is there an option to have digiKam merge the images in the gallery based on the filename so they could have multiple tags assigned?

I also have the handbook saved but I'm not really sure what to search for as I'm new to using tags.

Thanks in advance,