This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Windows digikam insufficient privileges

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
stevef48
Registered Member
I've been using digikam for a few weeks on my Windows 11 laptop. Today it reported:-
You have digikam insufficient privileges on the database.
The following privileges are not assigned to you:
ALTER TABLE
Check your privileges on the database and restart digiKam.

Pressing OK closes digikam.

1) What has caused this error? I'm using digikam with a Mariadb SQL database.
2) How does one 'Check privileges'?
3) Which table does this message refer to?

My configuration is Dell G3 15 with Windows 11, 16gb Ram 512gb and 2tb SSDs.
Thanks in advance,
Steve
stevef48
Registered Member
I gave up trying to find the reason and deleted everything: digikam, Mariadb and every reference to them in the Windows Registry.
I then installed everything from scratch, but the error persisted. Something seems to have corrupted the digikam database.
Deleted the database and started digikam.
Changed the database type to MySQL Internal, added the folder containing my data and left digikam running.
I've lost all the work that I put into tagging all of my photos and all the obsolete keywords reappeared, but digikam is still running.

Now that I've redone all of the work I would like to back up my data, but I can't find it. The original 4 digikam data files digikam4.db, recognition.db, similarity.db and thumbnail-digikam.db have not been created. There's just a folder called .mysql.digikam contining 286 files in 6 folders, which is only 6.46GB (the original 4 digikam data files were 9.30GB).

Is this reduction paart of the benefit of using Mariadb? Do I need to back up any other files, in order to be able to use digikam if something goes wrong?