This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Digikam errors with MariaDB - "Driver not loaded"

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
crustycurmudgeon
Registered Member
I'm running a fresh install (Neon ISO from 29 Sept, 2022) of KDE Neon. I have a fully working installation of MariaDB-server (v10.3.34) running on localhost. I'm using Digikam 7.8.0, installed from default repos with apt, and it is working very well with the default sqlitedb. I'm attempting to migrate Digikam from the sqlite to mysql (mariadb).

When I attempt to setup the MySql database connection in Digikam using the correct parameters, and try "Test Connection", I get a popup window that tells me:
Code: Select all
Database connection was not successful. Error was: Driver not loaded Driver not loaded

This happens when attempting to test the connection in either the database migration OR the digikam database setup. I've tried several variations of users and hostname, all with the same result - "Driver not loaded" . I've searched the web quite a bit over the past few days and posted on several reddit subs with no solution or response to my queries. I've tried purging and reinstalling mariadb-server with the same result. I've searched all over and can find no solution to this. I'm stuck at this point.

Any ideas?
mickae
Registered Member
OS
I have problems with MySQL from time to time, especially after updates. Therefore, I now use SQLite and everything runs very well. It is said that SQLite is not suitable for very large amounts of data, but supposedly even 120,000 photos are no problem.
I don't know the cause of your problem, but maybe it will help you to switch to SQLite until MySQL is running again.