This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to: check and optimize MariaDB databases...

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ajaxx
Registered Member
I have been using Daminion software (stand-alone version) to manage my photo collection. Since Daminion has chosen to stop supporting any version for individuals, I am testing digiKam as a replacement system. I tested digiKam on Windows five or six years ago and chose not to use it. After playing with it over the past two weeks, I am very impressed with its features and performance. So far, it exceeds my needs and seems easier to use than Daminion.

I have set up digiKam on three Windows 10 PCs sharing a MarioDB database. Although my test only has 3k+ photos loaded so far, I have another 25k+ to load over time. (Don't take this first statement to mean I have a lot of technical knowledge about systems or databases. Google and Youtube are great partners...)

Now that I can begin to add and update pictures from any PC, my concern is monitoring the health of the MariaDB. In my research, I saw instances of people having problems over time with data corruption or problems updating versions of MariaDB. I have learned in my reading that dbs benefit from checking and optimizing from time to time.

Can someone point me toward a simple way (or tool) of checking and optimizing digiKam's MariaDB databases?

Thanks