This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Other communities with higher support level/activities?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
traveliese
Registered Member
Hi,
I experienced in several other forums, that people do not give an answer on posts/questions, if it is a 'simple' questions and information can be found in the documentation.
Or - probably - because my posted question is related to a digikam windows version....

But in this forum, there are sooo many posts / questions without any answer, that I do assume, that simply a very low activity level or small active community is present here. Posts related to digikam can be found spreaded all over the net (i.e. reddit).

I simply search for a forum, where the community, not only admins/moderators react on posts and a fruitful discussion can start.
If you are general DIGIKAM user or even a WINDOWS user with DIGIKAM, do you have other sources ?

Regards
Joerg
mchnz
Registered Member
traveliese wrote:Hi,
I experienced in several other forums, that people do not give an answer on posts/questions, if it is a 'simple' questions and information can be found in the documentation.
Or - probably - because my posted question is related to a digikam windows version....

But in this forum, there are sooo many posts / questions without any answer, that I do assume, that simply a very low activity level or small active community is present here. Posts related to digikam can be found spreaded all over the net (i.e. reddit).

I simply search for a forum, where the community, not only admins/moderators react on posts and a fruitful discussion can start.
If you are general DIGIKAM user or even a WINDOWS user with DIGIKAM, do you have other sources ?

Regards
Joerg

I think you're right, it's pretty quiet around here. I think distribution and application specific forums and mailing lists are probably a better place to seek help. Digikam appears to have a user-mailing list where questions do seem to be answered:

https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/digikam-users

In the past I have just relied on Google.

traveliese
Registered Member
Thanks a lot for the feedback!
Really appreciate.

I tried via joining the list and sending an email to the list owner (asking if I am acting the right way) and sending an email with my question to the email address for the group - no response so far.

Of course google is the 1st approach.
But I am really convinced of DIGIKAM and I thought there must be an active community.

Happy new year btw :-)