This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Digikam, Open With and > 1 image

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Xyem
Registered Member

Digikam, Open With and > 1 image

Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:50 pm
I use Digikam a lot and have recently come across this problem which I'm sure is just a slight configuration problem.

I have a minimal installation, running Fluxbox and have installed Digikam ( 1.0.0~beta3 ) because it is extremely useful. However, I found out today that if I select more than one image and say, open with 'feh' or a script I've written ( which displays $@ using Xdialog ) that they are both called repeatedly with one argument.

For example:
feh image1.jpg
feh image2.jpg
feh image3.jpg

However, I wanted ( and was expecting ) for it to call the program once with the images in the argument list e.g. "feh image1.jpg image2.jpg image3.jpg"

How can I get 'Open With' to behave in this way?

Thanks
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Does running "digikam <item1> <item2> <etc>" work correctly?

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
Xyem
Registered Member
Sorry, I guess I didn't make it clear what I was doing.

I am selecting multiple images within Digikam and doing:
Right Click -> Open With -> feh

which results in multiple feh instances instead of 1 with the images in a slideshow. If I tell Digikam to open the selected images with a script ( which uses Xdialog to display $@ ), the script is called once for each image selected, instead of once with a list of images as the arguments.

I hope this is clearer..?
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Oh....
This is likely a limitation in Digikam, which opens each file individually. You should try with the latest release of Digikam first, then file a wishlist report at bugs.kde.org.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]