This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

EXIF ignored when importing into date sub-album

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
silentdisco
Registered Member
Hello,

It could be this is desired behaviour but I wanted to check in case I'm doing something wrong. It seems a bit of a blocker for using DigiKam.

I'm importing photos from a folder into an album. I select "Date-based sub-albums" under "Auto-Creation of Albums" (Settings on the right of the import dialogue) and the import completes successfully but only MP4s appear to make it into date-based sub-albums. Everything else is put into a folder based on *creation date of the image file* rather then the EXIF. If I select View by Date however, everything is in the right place, suggesting EXIF is fine.

Not sure if it helps, but this is a set of images already imported into DigiKam - I just wanted to change the date folders to ISO rather than Full-text - so I reset DigiKam with a new DB and Collection and then tried importing the old folder.

Like I said, I reckon I must be doing something wrong as I vaguely recall this working the first time these images were imported.

Any thoughts would be most welcome! I didn't find anything in this forum and the Handbook suggests EXIF should be being used.

Thank you in advance!

Peter