This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

SOLVED: digikam - geolocation missing

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Moldmaker
Registered Member
Hi everybody,

I am using KDE Plasma 5.16.1 with KDE frameworks 5.59.0 and Qt 5.12.7 under Funtoo Linux. I know it is not the most recent version, but it is what the Funtoo repositories offered to me. Maybe someone can get me some advice anyway.
I just emerged digikam 6.1.0 (again, this is what is in the Funtoo repositories) and I am surprised that all the geolocation options are missing. In digikam, on the pictures with geotags I can see a little globe at the top right corner, but it is greyed out and clicking it does nothing. There is also no geolocation editor. The kipi-plugins are installed with version 5.9.1.
What can I do to get the geolocation functionality? Do I have to install something I've been missing?

Mm.

Last edited by Moldmaker on Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moldmaker
Registered Member

Re: digikam - geolocation missing

Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:41 pm
I can answer that myself. When compiling KDE, the useflag geolocation was not set. I re-emerged KDE workspace and digikam with the useflag set, that pulled in marble, and after that the geolocation is available. Problem solved.

Mm.