This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

matching locale between windows 10 and mac catalina

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
donsam
Registered Member
I first set up digikam on a windows 10 machine, using synology with mariadb to store the database (and pictures).
I then installed digikam on a mac running catalina. When I started digikam on the mac (after getting connected to mariadb), it said I had to change the locale and it rebuilt the database. Then when I restarted on windows 10, basically the same message. What I note on the mac is the locale is EN_US.UTF-8, while if I bring up ubuntu via Windows Subsystem LInux, I get C.UTF-8. In the windows control panel, my system local is English (United States) and I tried checking off the "Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 for world wide language support, to no effect.
How do I fix this? Should I migrate to install a linux version and let the WSL Ubuntu run it and figure out x windows (and see if I can not change the locale to match the mac)?

I really want both myself (windows) and my wife (mac) to be able to operate off the same database.
Thanks
Don
donsam
Registered Member
I should add that both systems are at 7.2.0.