This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Face recognition: how to ignore many faces or set the name

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
avmaksimov
Registered Member
Hello. I'm a nooby user in digiKam. I'm used to using Google Picasa but now there is no updates for many years. So it can't do anything with HEIF.

So that's why I found digiKam. I want to organize my photo folder and also what digiKam show photos per personality (a may be a pet :)). So I found this solution but I can't understand it's possible or not to ignore many faces at once or set the name for many of photos? Or may be remove?

And if it's possible now may be the maintainers have a plan to add this needed for me (and I believe for many users) feature? ??? 8)
avmaksimov
Registered Member
avmaksimov wrote:Hello. I'm a nooby user in digiKam. I'm used to using Google Picasa but now there is no updates for many years. So it can't do anything with HEIF.

So that's why I found digiKam. I want to organize my photo folder and also what digiKam show photos per personality (a may be a pet :)). So I found this solution but I can't understand it's possible or not to ignore many faces at once or set the name for many of photos? Or may be remove?

And if it's possible now may be the maintainers have a plan to add this needed for me (and I believe for many users) feature? ??? 8)

I've found a solution after upgrade from 7.3 to 7.7.

But if somebody who can change digiKam's behavior please recommend name for recognized photo and don't recommend the last name.