This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Adding comments to images

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
vbj
Registered Member

Adding comments to images

Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:12 am
Hi,

Recently I switched to KDE, and I would like to use 'native' KDE programs for my work. But I can't find any way in Gwenview to add comments to images. I've made comments to more than hundred images, I think it was with gThumb.

Are there any imageviewer for KDE that supports this?

--
Regards
vbj
google01103
Manager

Re: Adding comments to images

Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:37 am
there's a 3rd party KDE based app called Kaption available http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/Ka ... ent=139302

ps - I've moved the post to Graphics and Mutimedia forum

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

vbj
Registered Member

Re: Adding comments to images

Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:12 am
Thank you, google01103, Kaption looks like a handy app. Seeing your posting I installed it, and have already used it for taking a couple of screenshots.

But as far as I can see it doesn't do what I originally wanted: adding my own comments to a saved image. But I found that there is a Kipi plugin to edit metadata, and embedding comments in a picture's IPTC section would great; at present I have comments in xml files in a dot directory in the directory where I have the images. I can view metadata in Gwenview, but haven't found a way to edit. There is a Kipi plugin to edit metadata, but the installed plugins don't show up in gwenview's Plugin menu though, the menu is empty. They show up in KPhotoalbum's Plugin menu, so I'll try to find out how to use that program, and probably look at the possibilities in showFoto too.

If I succeed I'll return to this thread and mark it solved.

--
Regards
vbj