This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Turkish translators/community missing

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
usayan
Registered Member
OS
Hello

As of today's beta testing, I noticed Turkish translation has a lot of missing features and I am afraid there is noone working on it. Also Turkish community website (kde.org.tr ) is down for months (or maybe years). If there is nobody working on it I'd like to contribute voluntarily on Turkish translation starting with Plasma, maybe even more.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
That would be lovely, but can you please send this to the kde-i18n-doc@kde.org mailing list?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
usayan
Registered Member
OS
Mamarok wrote:That would be lovely, but can you please send this to the kde-i18n-doc@kde.org mailing list?

Hello Mamarok!

Thanks for the reply. I took your advice and sent email and it is being held and awaiting an approval from list moderators.

Cheers
Mamarok
Manager
OS
AFAICS it was only briefly in moderation, make sure to subscribe to that list if you are interested in translation for KDE

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
usayan
Registered Member
OS
Mamarok wrote:AFAICS it was only briefly in moderation, make sure to subscribe to that list if you are interested in translation for KDE

Hello Mamarok

Sorry for the notification, but apparently you are the only one who replies me. Any ideas for moderation or approval soon? It's been a month and I'm getting kinda busy, therefore I may not be able to contribute after next week.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
I am pretty sure you should have been approved by now, are you sure you didn't get a reply? Or are you talking about approval of a translation you submitted?

Please take this to kde-i18n-doc@kde.org again, your message is not in moderation on our side, unless you are talking about the Turkish mailing list. Any problems with the latter should also be reported to the international ML.

usayan
Registered Member
OS
Mamarok wrote:I am pretty sure you should have been approved by now, are you sure you didn't get a reply? Or are you talking about approval of a translation you submitted?

Please take this to kde-i18n-doc@kde.org again, your message is not in moderation on our side, unless you are talking about the Turkish mailing list. Any problems with the latter should also be reported to the international ML.

Hello,

In january I sent the exact words from first post to kde-i18n-doc@kde.org , and I got a reply from kde-i18n-doc-owner@kde.org that says my mail waiting for moderator approval because posting to members-only list by a non-member, on 31-01 (day-month). I haven't got any other mails in my inbox. I am also trying to subscribe to mail-list using this link now, am I doing that right? https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-i18n-doc Sorry if it's dupe but I tried that link before, but it only gives me authorization error. Maybe my subscription request never reached to mail-list, I don't know
Mamarok
Manager
OS
I have seen your message to the mailing list, so it is certainly not held in moderation. There was a reply to you on the same day on the mailing list, actually exactly 8 minutes after your message appeared on the mailing list, with the following content:

Have you tried contacting the Turkish translators through the mailing
list: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-l10n-tr? There have
been messages this month so maybe they can answer/guide you.

Please check your inbox and spam folder, you should have gotten that message as well, as you are definitely a subscriber of that mailing list.