This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KDED is disintegrated?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
fbusse
Registered Member
OS

KDED is disintegrated?

Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:26 am
Earlier today, I got the enclosed message (in German), which translates to "KDED is disintegrated (completed)". http://www.busse.oche.de/tmp/20220102_KDED_disintegrated.jpg

However, half an hour later, I'm happy to notice no sign of disintegration...

Any idea what this message might have been about?
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: KDED is disintegrated?

Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:20 am
FWIW: "abgeschlossen" was probably "terminated" in the original text and "aufgelöst" was likely "resolved".

This just means the service was stopped running. I agree that "aufgelöst" is actually a strange term in this context, moving this to the translation subforum and notifying the German translators.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
kbroulik
KDE Developer
OS

Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:28 am
Do you by chance use "Apper"? That's where this message would come from (plasma-pk-updates doesn't seem to do jobs)
icwiener
OS

Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:52 pm
Hi,

well, as one of the translators I would say, that "wird aufgelöst" (as in "Konflikt wird aufgelöst") is the properly translated "resolving" (as in "resolving conflict"). Of course it is always weird if a word in one language has several meanings in another. ... To help here, the Apper developers could state in the i18nc() comment, what is being resolved. It might be "dependencies", where I would probably use "werden aufgelöst" in German then. But the king class (to use a proper German phrase here ;)) would be if the devs wrote the whole thing there, i.e. "Resolving dependencies" ... The "(Finished)" part comes from the Notifications applet then and is independent from the first part of the message.

@kbroulik: I guess you will handle this? :)

Cheers