This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Switching User I18N_ARGUMENT_MISSING - need help with debug

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
cleary
Registered Member
Hi all,
I have the following error appearing when I have multiple logged in users (via ldap auth) and select the Switch User option:

https://imgur.com/a/DvOAXXY

Code: Select all
on TTY 1 (Display :0) (%2(I18N_ARGUMENT_MISSING)

Does anyone know/can assist in finding out what the binary is that's running this switcher screen/where the source code may be for this particular component so I can report it accurately?

Thanks a lot
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Do you use a custom lockscreen? The guys in #kde-devel came up with this:

plasma-workspace/lookandfeel/contents/components/UserList.qml:60:126:
              location = i18ndc("plasma_lookandfeel_org.kde.lookandfeel", "User logged in on console (X display number)", "on TTY %1 (Display %2)", model.vtNumber, model.displayNumber)

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
cleary
Registered Member
Mamarok wrote:Do you use a custom lockscreen? The guys in #kde-devel came up with this:

plasma-workspace/lookandfeel/contents/components/UserList.qml:60:126:
              location = i18ndc("plasma_lookandfeel_org.kde.lookandfeel", "User logged in on console (X display number)", "on TTY %1 (Display %2)", model.vtNumber, model.displayNumber)

Thanks a lot!
It's not a custom lockscreen, it's a breeze theme - not sure if that's provided by kde or sddm packages though - with a custom wallpaper

I'll have a dig, is #kde-devel a public irc channel perchance?

[edit]
So it appears there are a couple of issues appearing here:

1. The username
displayName
prefix is missing, as well as the
2. i18n error

I'll keep looking
cleary
Registered Member
As a follow up, this has been resolved in the ubuntu 22.04 jammy release - I haven't been able to find the specific commits though