This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Persian language

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
arminimra
Registered Member
OS

Persian language

Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:06 am
I can't see persian in Regional settings > Language > Add languages (opensuse 15.4)
zolder
Registered Member

Re: Persian language

Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:20 am
You could create your own language files if they don't exist.
Did that with other software before, and when i was ready i donated it to the creaters who implemented it for everyone. The creators where very happy with it.

Use the english language files and translated those to the wished language (=my workflow).
Mind: you probably also have to rename the file names fitting to the structure to be recognized.

Cost a day or 1-2-3-4- (depending on amount and your skills), but at the end will be very satisfying.
And eventually your name and work will be honored in the software credits. "Kdenlive, made available in Persian by arminimra" ;D
That's how open source software lives. By the contributions of those who love it.
arminimra
Registered Member
OS

Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:46 am
zolder wrote:You could create your own language files if they don't exist.
Did that with other software before, and when i was ready i donated it to the creaters who implemented it for everyone. The creators where very happy with it.

Use the english language files and translated those to the wished language (=my workflow).
Mind: you probably also have to rename the file names fitting to the structure to be recognized.

Cost a day or 1-2-3-4- (depending on amount and your skills), but at the end will be very satisfying.
And eventually your name and work will be honored in the software credits. "Kdenlive, made available in Persian by arminimra" ;D
That's how open source software lives. By the contributions of those who love it.

But I think kde has persian language in Kubuntu, but it doesn't exist in Opensuse
zolder
Registered Member

Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:39 am
arminimra wrote:But I think kde has persian language in Kubuntu, but it doesn't exist in Opensuse

Just guessing. Perhaps the language files are exchangable??

Just googled. Perhaps this can help you?
https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread. ... 2-1-x86-64