This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Terms in KDE Connect

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
gummie
Registered Member

Terms in KDE Connect

Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:41 pm
Hi all,

I'm translating KDE into my language and at the moment I'm working on KDE Connect. However, there are two terms that stump me completely, "Rise Up" and "Rise Down". I can't find any info on these or what function they are supposed to represent. The first term, "Rise Up" seems pretty straightforward ("Rise Down" looks a bit mysterious...), but doesn't really make sense without context, and I can't find them anywhere in the UI of KDE Connect. Does anyone have any idea what these are supposed to represent?
KomraDE
Registered Member
OS

Re: Terms in KDE Connect  Topic is solved

Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:25 am
gummie wrote:"Rise Up" and "Rise Down". I can't find any info on these or what function they are supposed to represent.

First of all, thank you for doing this :*

I could imagine it is referring to the Multimedia Control: If your PC plays a video (for example SMPlayer or VLC. MPV doesn't do it) then KDEConnect acts as a remote and you can "rise" the volume, skip ahead and such stuff.

Rise up/down could be volume control.

Take a good look, children. It will prepare you for your adult lives in our nightmarish corporate system.