This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kontact and external calendar read/write

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ogodoy
Registered Member
OS
Hi,

I am trying to integrate my Zimbra calendar (as this is the supported system at work) with my Kontact environment. For quite some time this worked more or less OK (minor issues from time to time, depending on KDE version), but recently I have noticed that I am not able to neither properly read nor write to my Zimbra calendar from within Kontact. Kontact says, "<calendar name>: Another File Upload is still in progress" when I hit F5 or "Update folder". I guess there is some stale process/lock file somewhere, but how do I find this and how do I properly release it without breaking something?

I am running KDE 4.9.2.

All the best
Øystein
hakova
Registered Member
+1 for this. I am trying to achieve a similar objective. My calendar .ics file is located in drivehq.com, whic is defined as a webdav source in kontact. Whenever I update this file from my work computer (MS Outlook), kontact/korganizer at home fails to read it with the message "<calendar name>: Another File Upload is still in progress", which essentially defeats the purpose of interoperability. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

KDE 4.9.4 here.

Thanks,

Hakan
hakova
Registered Member
Hate to reply my own message, but I just noticed that, instead of syncing (merging) with the newer version of the file on the webdav server, korganizer overwrites the file with what it has, every time it launches, when the calendar source is defined to have a read/write access. It works as intended when the source is defined as read-only.
ogodoy
Registered Member
OS
I still do not understand why this did not work, but removing the old limnk and implementing it again made it work for now. The configuration of the old and new setup was identical...

Øystein