This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KOrganizer Sincronization with Google Calendar

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ilcubon
Registered Member
Hi, I'm trying to sincronize my calendars on KOrganizer with my Google Calendar, but I'm having some troubles...

1) firts adding new calendars with DAV Groupware Resources it doesn't work
2) I tried to follow these instruction http://ossrocks.blogspot.it/2012/02/syn ... endar.html but in Configure KOrganizer- General there is no area for "Calendars"... :o

I'm an Ubuntu 10.04 User so under Gnome, and the KOrganizer installed from Synamptic is 4.4.5 version...

any possibility to make KOrganizer to work on Ubuntu?
einar
Administrator
OS
I think this version is a bit too old to interact with Google services, but I may be mistaken.

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
Plasma FAQ maintainer - Plasma programming with Python
paperoga
Registered Member
If DAV groupware calendar can be created (through Akonadi) than adding the right URL of Google (connecting CalDAV server) should work.
Have you already solved ?
ilcubon wrote:...2) I tried to follow these instruction http://ossrocks.blogspot.it/2012/02/syn ... endar.html but in Configure KOrganizer- General there is no area for "Calendars"... :o

There should be a tab called "Calendar" in Configure KOrganizer- General, but you can reach the 'Add calendar' function directly in a window right clicking the calendar manager frame on the sidebar of Korganizer (if set to be shown).
If you have not solved post some screenshot to explain the problem; I was able to have Korganizer (my preferred Linux organizer) working on Ubuntu,
after some very little settings troubles.
I needed to sync with Jorte on Android and it works ! and so you can access your data on the cloud (Google) from any browser if needed, and it is a sort of backup.