This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

SOLVED: Google Calendar not updated from Kontact Calendar

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
okie2003
Registered Member
OS
Problem: Events entered on my Kontact Calendr are not reflected on my Google Calendar. Note: Events entered on my Google Calendar ARE reflected on my Kontact Calendar. I have searched this forum and others and googled around, but it have not found a solution. I have seen a couple of others who aapear to have a similar situation, but no solution was given.

Information: KDE 4.8.5; Kontact 4.8.5; Linux distribution: 32 bit version of Netrunner (a Kubuntu 12.04 Precise derivative)

I have set up by going through System Settings > Common Appearance and Behavior > Personal Information > Add >Google Calendars and Tasks. When that yielded the above result, I deleted the akonadi_googlecalendar_resource and tried setting it up through Kontact: Kontact > Calendar > Settings > Configure Calendar >General tab > Calendars > Add >Google Calendars and Tasks. The result was the same.

Since I set up most of my calendar events in Kontact, not Google, this 2 way syncing is important to me. Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by okie2003 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

It is not our task to secure the triumph of truth, but merely to fight on its behalf. -- Blaise Pascal
einar
Administrator
OS
What version of "libkgapi" are you using? Some early versions mark calendars as read only and thus are not usable to create events.

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
Plasma FAQ maintainer - Plasma programming with Python
okie2003
Registered Member
OS
einar, thanks for the response. Apparently Kubuntu/Netrunner does not use "libkgapi". At leasst I could not find it by that name in Synaptic. But . . .
BOY I FEEL STUPID!
I was talking this over with someone and was demonstrating the problem when I noticed that when I create an event in Kontact Calendar that I have to pick a Calendar. If I pick my Google calendar for a target it shows up in Google and Kontact, but if I specify "Kontact" calendar it shows up ONLY in Kontact. When you think about it this is a really neat feature that I am sure everyone but me knew about.

Hope this helps someone sometime.

It is not our task to secure the triumph of truth, but merely to fight on its behalf. -- Blaise Pascal