This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Korganizer shows akonadi google events as locked

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
highsciguy
Registered Member
Since the update to kubuntu 12.10 I am not able to create or modify events in my akonadi google calendar. Existing events have a small icon which represents a closed lock and when I add contacts the google resource does not show up in the list or resources. After the update I had to delete and recreate all akonadi resources (at that occasion I also had to delete some akonadi database/cofiguration files by hand) so I know that recreating the google resource does not help. Notably when I recreate the google resource it does not show the usual google password dialog which I used to see. My current kde version is the most recent ubuntu backports version. Another issue with akonadi is that I have a local mail resource which cannot be deleted and whenever I click it in kmail akonadi hangs itself. I might need to reset akonadi to its original state. How would I do this without recreating my whole user directory, i.e. which are the crucial files?
einar
Administrator
OS
Can you check if an update of "libkgapi" is available? Older versions would wrongly set Google Calendar resources as read only.

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
Plasma FAQ maintainer - Plasma programming with Python
highsciguy
Registered Member
I have 1:0.4.1-0ubuntu1+206-SNAPSHOT-201206201923~precise1 . The resource ppa:benoitg/akonadigoogle-daily is in use. No updates are shown. Strangely, when I remove this resource apt does not suggest any changes.
highsciguy
Registered Member
Thanks, your reply inspired my search and I found this: http://forum.ubuntuusers.de/topic/konta ... icht-edit/ .
It helped, temporarily, as stated.