This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KOrganizer uses incorrect hours / dates

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
MirceaKitsune
Registered Member
OS
Since a few weeks ago, KOrganizer started acting irrationally. Although an event is set to take place Sunday and Monday each week, the calendar shows it occurring Saturday and Sunday instead. I also remember that in a few cases, the event reminder was triggered around 1 PM instead of 1 AM when it's set. Anyone know what could be causing it to notice false hours and dates?

Here's a screenshot showing how the event is set to occur Sunday and Monday, but the calendar shows it Saturday and Sunday in the very other window: http://i44.tinypic.com/1e6fxz.jpg
einar
Administrator
OS
I tried to reproduce this but I ran into other errors due to my setup (current git master). I would advise to file a bug on bugs.kde.org giving as much information as possible.

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
Plasma FAQ maintainer - Plasma programming with Python
MirceaKitsune
Registered Member
OS
Actually, it appears I fixed it and found the problem. For whatever unknown reason, my time zone got changed. I went in YaST - Date and Time (I'm on openSUSE) and noticed my zone got set to somewhere in Africa, although the hour was still alright so I didn't notice so far. Corrected that and now KOrganizer seems to show it at the right time as well. Will post here again if the problem still persists otherwise, but it seems to be solved.