This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

korganizer cant import .ics after distupgrade

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
hanspeter
Registered Member
Hi
I just installed debian 7.0 "wheezy" stable (fresh install). Previous i had debian 6.0 stable.
So now i have korganizer version 4.4.11

To backup my data of kontact (including korganizer), i used the following command:
Code: Select all
rsync  -r  ~/.kde/share/config/emaildefaults  ~/.kde/share/config/emailidentities  ~/.kde/share/config/kmail.eventsrc  ~/.kde/share/config/kmailrc  ~/.kde/share/config/kaddressbookrc  ~/.kde/share/config/kresources/contact  ~/.kde/share/config/korgacrc  ~/.kde/share/config/korganizerrc  ~/.kde/share/config/knotesrc  ~/.kde/share/config/mailtransports  ~/.kde/share/config/akregatorrc  /PATH/
rsync -r ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc ~/.kde/share/apps/korganizer ~/.kde/share/apps/knotes /PATH/

I think the following entries are relevant:
rsync  -r    ~/.kde/share/config/korgacrc  ~/.kde/share/config/korganizerrc   ~/.kde/share/config/akregatorrc  /PATH/
rsync -r  ~/.kde/share/apps/korganizer ~/.kde/share/apps/knotes  /PATH/

To restore on the new system, I just copied the data back.

Now the calendar (and to-do-list) do not work at all.
So the calendar is empty. When i try to add an event: ERROR
No calendars found, event cannot be added.

Good luck i exportet the calendar to test.ics .
But I can not import the file. When i try: ERROR
Unable to create calendar '~/test.ics'.

I have allready tried
sudo chown -R $USER ~/.kde

rm -r /.kde/share/apps/korganizer

apt-get purge korganizer
+
apt-get install korganizer

nothing helped.

kmail is working fine. all emails were transfered.

Please help me. im kind of stuck right now.
Thx.
timfolger
Registered Member
OS
Maybe you could try creating a new calendar in system settings: system settings>Personal Information>calendar.

I was having similar problems. I created a new calendar using the system settings, and pointed it to ~/.kde/share/apps/korganizer.

So I now have a calendar, but i still have other problems, with the calendar and address book in Kontact. (See http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=215&t=111132) I would be interested to learn if you run into the same problems I describe in that post.