This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Entries on calendar - Can't find their source

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
lphilpot
Registered Member
OS
Korganizer 4.10.2

There's set of events (US holidays, actually) showing up on the calendar and I can't find the source to remove them. I can deselet all my calendars and they remain. They're not on my Google calendar, nor are they syncing anywhere else. They all visually have a dark (black?) border on the event "jellybean" (month view) and are apparently unaffected by color changes (from what I recall). Double-clicking them does nothing. Selecting them on the montly view, for example, shows no details in the pane beneath the small calendar. I've synced multiple times with no change.

Any pointers on how / where do I track down these events?

Thanks!
einar
Administrator
OS
Are these calendars on Google? Are you sure they're not external calendars, which are placed differently on the Google Calendar Web interface?

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
Plasma FAQ maintainer - Plasma programming with Python
lphilpot
Registered Member
OS
einar wrote:Are these calendars on Google? Are you sure they're not external calendars, which are placed differently on the Google Calendar Web interface?

No, they're not anywhere on Google that I can find (I've gone online and looked). I can also disable all calendars and they still show up. There are some specific events that I don't have on any of my calendars (eg., "Pentecost Day"), so they're easy to recognize.

What do you mean by 'placed differently' on Google?

Thanks.
einar
Administrator
OS
Are you using an Android phone and syncing too (asking because of the name in the events)?

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
Plasma FAQ maintainer - Plasma programming with Python
lphilpot
Registered Member
OS
Yes - I sync my Google calendars to my Droid, but those events are nowhere to be seen on it. They show up ONLY in Korganizer - Nowhere else.
lphilpot
Registered Member
OS
One other small detail I just discovered, that may or may not illuminate anything...

These entries are obviously (by their names) US holidays, but I did confirm they're tied to the "Holiday color" settings in the Colors and Fonts preferences. If I change that color, it's reflected in their color on the calendar. That's the ONLY 'connection' I've been able to discover so far. I've removed and/or hidden (deselected) all other calendars and they remain. I can't find anything anywhere that lets me toggle their visibility or anything else. About the only thing I've not done is to remove and re-add my Google calendars entirely, but since deselecting them removes everything else except the entries in question from the calendar display I suspect the Google items are not the issue. It's like the extra holiday entries are an internal part of KOrganizer somehow... ???

Weird.

If it helps, here's how they look --
http://www.flickr.com/photos/14015058@N07/8932426356/lightbox/
wolfi323
Registered Member
OS
lphilpot wrote:It's like the extra holiday entries are an internal part of KOrganizer somehow... ??? ]

Yes.
You can configure this that way:
- Choose "Configure KOrganizer" from the Settings menu
- Select "Time and Date" on the left column
Below "Holidays" is a setting called "Use Holiday region:"
Select the region you want or "None" to disable that feature.
lphilpot
Registered Member
OS
You da man! :)

Why I didn't notice nor think of that, I don't know, but that did it. Thanks!