This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to see old calendar entries?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
piedro
Registered Member
OS

How to see old calendar entries?

Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:36 am
Hello again.

I have some old calndar files with journals that I have to keep.
The problem is that there seems to be no view to view all the entries in a calendar.
Yes I can scroll back some years hoping to find the past journal entries, tasks or dates in a calndar file but that is not very useful, unconvenient and unreliable.

How can I set up different views for korganizer or is there any possibility to get all the dates in a calndar as a chronological list?

thx for your help,
piedro

p.s.: especially journal entries are a bit pointless if you cannot show a list of entries for let's say the last two years and then filter by some criteria ...
piedro
Registered Member
OS

Re: How to see old calendar entries?

Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:06 am
The korganizer handbook says:

4.1.2 Event List View
This view displays all your to-dos, events and journal entries for the dates selected in the Date
Navigator as a list. Open to-dos that are not due on the selected dates are not shown. This view is
good for displaying many different items in a compact fashion. It is also useful if your events are
spread out over a long time period that would not be displayed completely on the screen when
using one of the other views.

The items are displayed one per line. Columns show if a reminder is set (a bell icon displayed in it
means the reminder is set), if it repeats multiple times (a chasing-arrows icon means a repeating
event), the start and end time information. Hovering the mouse over an item will bring up a
tooltip with detailed information about the item.
Switch the display to the list view by choosing the "View > Event List" menu item

This is what I need but I have been searching on how to pick the start date and the end date of the list, - I don't know what I am missing - I can't find it - here I can only choose a week but not a month or a year or a start/end period ...

plz tell me what I am missing,
thx for your help,
p.
wolfi323
Registered Member
OS

Re: How to see old calendar entries?

Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:26 am
piedro wrote:This is what I need but I have been searching on how to pick the start date and the end date of the list, - I don't know what I am missing - I can't find it - here I can only choose a week but not a month or a year or a start/end period ...

You can select an arbitrary period by marking it in the date navigator using click-drag.
Of course that is restricted to the currently selected month then. I don't know if it's possible to extend that beyond the month...

You could have a look at the "Find..." function in the "Edit" menu though. Maybe that satisfies your needs?
piedro
Registered Member
OS
Thx. I know about the date navigator but that doesn't cut it. There should be a simple date picker to get the list from say April 2010 up to August 2013 to show all events in a list. It can be filtered later.

The "Find"-function works well as a workaround but it's not really the same as a view (from which you can multiselect, drag&drop and filter by calendar with a click ... and so forth.

The same apllies to the "print"-function: With "print to PDF" you can get a viable report for archiving dates. But you can't really work with them.

I tried to file a bug/request report but the bugs.kde.org was down ... but I will ...

cy around,
p.