This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

No 'Personal Calendar'

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kde-deshmukh
Registered Member

No 'Personal Calendar'

Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:53 pm
I accidentally deleted Personal Calendar.

And now, I am unable to add it back.

When I go to Settings -> Configure -> General -> Calendars, there is NO option for 'Personal/ Local' calendar.

I see options like DAV, Google, Ical, etc. Nothing that talks about local/ personal calendar.

I have already added Birthdays calendar. But that is not what I want.

--
Manjaro KDE. Kernel 4.19.244-1-MANJARO. 64-bit. Plasma 5.24.5. KDE Frameworks 5.94.0. Qt 5.15.4. 8GB RAM and more than 100GB free on the hard disk.
wolfi323
Registered Member
OS

Re: No 'Personal Calendar'

Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:15 am
kde-deshmukh wrote:When I go to Settings -> Configure -> General -> Calendars, there is NO option for 'Personal/ Local' calendar.

The default "Personal Calendar" is just an ical resource.
So choose ical, and select a local folder/file where you want to store the data.

Actually deleting the Personal Calendar should not delete the data, so its ical file should still be in ~/.local/share/apps/korganizer/std.ics (or ~/.kde/share/apps/korganizer/std.ics if you upgraded from 4.x).
kde-deshmukh
Registered Member

Re: No 'Personal Calendar'

Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:21 pm
wolfi323 wrote:
kde-deshmukh wrote:When I go to Settings -> Configure -> General -> Calendars, there is NO option for 'Personal/ Local' calendar.

The default "Personal Calendar" is just an ical resource.
So choose ical, and select a local folder/file where you want to store the data.

Actually deleting the Personal Calendar should not delete the data, so its ical file should still be in ~/.local/share/apps/korganizer/std.ics (or ~/.kde/share/apps/korganizer/std.ics if you upgraded from 4.x).

@wolfi323: There is no ~/.local/share/apps/korganizer on my computer. There is ~/.local/share/korganizer. So, I went to Settings -> Configure -> General -> Calendars -> iCal Calendar File and created one in ~/.local/share/korganizer/data/personal.ics and it shows up in the list of calendars.

But now, when I want to add an event or a to-do or anything, I get this error:

And it does not let me select any selection. In fact, I have already tried setting Personal Calendar as my default calendar. But that does not help either.

--
Manjaro KDE. Kernel 4.19.244-1-MANJARO. 64-bit. Plasma 5.24.5. KDE Frameworks 5.94.0. Qt 5.15.4. 8GB RAM and more than 100GB free on the hard disk.
wolfi323
Registered Member
OS

Re: No 'Personal Calendar'  Topic is solved

Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:35 pm
kde-deshmukh wrote:But now, when I want to add an event or a to-do or anything, I get this error:

And it does not let me select any selection. In fact, I have already tried setting Personal Calendar as my default calendar. But that does not help either.

You need to activate your newly created calendar in the calendar list, i.e. make sure the checkbox on the left is ticked (i.e. filled in blue, with the Breeze widget style).